Sunday, March 6, 2011

2011 Winter so far...

Oh........so many fun things to report.  
I don't want to get too wordy so I'll just post pics and explain.
 Yesterday was MONUMENTAL for two reasons.  First,  Halle's now roll'n on 2 WHEELS!  We were completely shocked it only took 20 minutes of instruction and she was done.  Yay, now I have a mini-me biking buddy.  
  Definitely time to upgrade the bike...
Second, Taya attended her first Princess Birthday Party.  Her best friend turned 3 and invited her to her royal event.  Honestly the cutest little party I've seen.  She even walked away with a hand made princess pillow and crown. Rakel - fantastic job! We had to teach Taya how to pick up her dress as she walked due to her short stature.  She doesn't quite fit into the dress-ups...poor thing.
 Also, these two had a Daddy/Daughter date yesterday morning at the Home Depot Kids Workshop.  Halle made a Nascar racer and raced it on a pinewood derby track.  We've decided she and Taya will be attending these workshops monthly. TOO COOL!

February pics (because I was lazy on the blogging)

The worst goose egg we've seen on our little clumsy girl.  She fell from the kitchen stool onto the tile floor.  She is getting better at reminding us not to let her stand on the stools because she'll "fall and hit her heady again".
 One Saturday in February was a scorcher (by scorcher I mean, near 70!) We HAD to get out the suits and towels.  The girls begged for the hose to be on, but it had to stop somewhere.  We layed, played, and weeded in the sun for a couple hours.  It was lovely...

After playing in the sun, we left home and walked around the Demonstration Garden.  Lucky I had a little point and shoot camera in the car.  
There is some serious love between these two when they're not fighting and screaming at the top of their lungs.

Oh, and I have to admit one thing......I finally learned the art of french braiding.  Yes, I'm finally catching up with everyone else.

2 comments:

Shara said...

They are getting so big! I wish we could hang out with you guys more. Now I'm determined to get Alexis' training wheels off-she's just scared to death to do it without them.

jjtsoccer said...

Yay! What fun times! I want sunshine. Can't wait to see you again!