Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winter getaway...

You have to really love Lake Powell to stay there in the winter. We do... so we tried it and we had a blast! We were in desperate need for a little vacation so we took the 2.5 hour drive to Wahweap and stayed for two nights in the Lake Powell Lodge. You're probably wondering what you do at Lake Powell without a boat and when it's 50 degrees outside? We found some great sight seeing adventures and took the 3 hour boat tour. Our tour guide was very informative so we learned a lot of new interesting facts about Lake Powell. It was a fabulous relaxing trip for us and for our traveling companions/babysitters, Mr. B and Arlene. It was fun having them with us.

Searching for fish

The scenic overlook was a great view of the dam from the river side.

p.s. We forgot our camera so we we had put our trust in a walmart disposable. Love the streaks!

5 comments:

jjtsoccer said...

Oh wow! You are so lucky! What a beautiful vacation. That would be so fun!

Shupe said...

ya, I think the family has been promising me a trip to Powell now since I was 13 and it has yet to happen!!!!
SNOTS!!!

Kidding-

Good to see you spend time together as a family and enjoy yourselves! At least it's warmer down there!

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun trip. We LOVE Lake Powell, but I'v never been in the winter. That picture from the boat is beautiful with the cliffs all around.

Bridget said...

That looks so fun. I've only been to Lake Powell once and in the summer but it was one of my favorite vacations ever.

Marcie said...

What a fun trip! I am glad we found each others blogs. Now I can know what your up to (even though we live across the street). I may be knocking at your door to get all your baby advice so beware!